Saturday, August 27, 2011

Confession

Confession is good for the heart as well as the soul.

I began my morning having conflict with my partner; I felt discouragement and emotional confusion.

A dear sister asked me if I wanted to clear it up; I said, "Yes."

The three of us talked through the conflict, with my sweet sister as the mediator.

After sharing what was hurting us, we were able to come to a resolution with her patient and objective assistance.

Life is much easier when a friend who expresses unconditional love can put up with your self-inflicted pain, and be an objective advisor to help turn conflict into a learning experience.

Though I am still wounded, I see more clearly the core of insecurity that I've been carrying around since I was a child.

Confessing my part in the conflict enlightened me to see how I helped create it, and also helped me to release it in order to experience forgiveness in both directions.

I know that unforgiveness separates me from realizing the LOVE and PEACE of God in my life.

All I needed was a loving, seeing eye to restore me to a place of harmony.

This is the role of the BODY of Christ.

My hope is that as we become better listeners and seers, we can assist others on the journey toward healing.

Thanks, my sweet sister-in-love !

No comments:

Post a Comment